Newburgh, Bronx, Kingston, Middletown, New Windsor, Poughkeepsie, NY
When a child or mother is injured during the childbirth process, what ought to be a joyful occasion can quickly become a traumatic one. Unfortunately, many birth injuries occur that could have been avoided if the attending doctor or other medical personnel had followed a professional standard of care.
At the Law Offices of Charles N. Rock, our birth injury lawyer represents children and mothers who have been injured during delivery due to medical malpractice. To schedule a free consultation with Newburgh birth injury lawyer Charles Rock, contact us today. You will not pay a fee unless we help you recover compensation.
Seeking Compensation for Infants and Mothers
Attorney Charles Rock, who comes from a family of doctors, is committed to making sure medical professionals take responsibility for their negligence by paying restitution to injury victims. Our law firm assists clients in the Newburgh, Bronx, Kingston, Middletown, New Windsor, and Poughkeepsie, NY area with all types of birth injury claims, including the following:
- Erb's palsy : When shoulder dystocia — a relatively common birth trauma — is not handled correctly, it can result in Erb's palsy, a partial or complete paralysis of the arm.
- Oxygen deprivation / anoxia : Oxygen deprivation during birth — often caused by a delay in delivery — can cause a child to suffer serious, long-term consequences.
- Cerebral palsy : One potential consequence of oxygen deprivation is cerebral palsy, a disability of the motor functions caused by damage to the brain during birth.
- Improper monitoring : During delivery, it is critical for medical staff to monitor the vital signs of both the mother and the fetus in order to effectively respond to potential complications.
- Medication errors during delivery : The overuse of drugs such as Cytotec and Pitocin during delivery can cause serious damage to both the mother and the child.
Under New York law, a medical malpractice claim for a birth injury suffered by a newborn must be brought within 12 and a half years. This puts the burden squarely on parents to pursue the compensation for children who may be facing lifetime complications from their injuries.
If your child has suffered a birth injury, or you have been injured, due to the negligence of an obstetrician, nurse or other medical professional, don’t hesitate to contact our birth injury lawyer to discuss your options. We serve injured families in Newburgh, Bronx, Kingston, Middletown, New Windsor, Poughkeepsie and throughout New York.